Saturday, July 10, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new!

Change.
That word has always scared me. I have never been a big fan of change. ever. But then I had some enlightening thoughts that have CHANGED me, haha ironic?
It all started when I realized I have a great need for improvement in my life. I have so many weaknesses that need some attention. asap. So I was thinking of my plan to perfect my life and realized how much CHANGE this was going to entail. This got me thinking again (It's times like this when I wonder why I deny all ADD accusations. haha!). Change isn't all bad. It can't be. Obviously my realization that I needed to better my life, and can only do that by changing my current ways proved that. BUT. It's more than that. Much more ...

In fact, CHANGE IS GOOD! It defines us and makes us who we are. We all have so much potential and we can't become the people we need to be without it. So don't sit back and watch life fly by. Stay on your toes and reach for every oppertunity that comes your way. Whatever it is, no matter how scary it sounds, it enters your life for a reason, to help you develop into that person you need and want to be. Everything happens for a reason, and everything makes you grow in one way or another. That I firmly believe. Changing is simply growing. We all need to grow.

I have gone through a lot of change throughout my life. Some of it was because I wanted it and welcomed it. Some of it was forced upon me, there was no way out of it. But all of it has helped me. Even when I didn't see it at first. It has shaped me into who I am. Change is here to help and define. Once we learn that, and welcome it into our life we will become much happier. We will not have to do anything that we can't handle, the Lord has promised us this. If it finds a way into our life, we can conquer it. No matter what.

Once we've mastered that.. here's the next step. GO FIND A WAY TO CHANGE! Ya, you heard me. Look for it. Life is what we make it. ( I really hope I just thought of that on my own, and didn't get it from that darn Miley Cyrus song:)). We can be anything we want to be and do anything we want to do. We just have to put ourselves out in the world and find the oppertunities out there that will help us on our way to become the people we want to be, even if it means leaving our comfort zones.

There is a lot of choice in change. A lot of that is our attitude. We can be positive and just go with it, making the most of it. Or, we can be miserable and blind, and not learn and grow from it. We choose how we react to every situation. Choose to be happy. Attitude is everything.

When this gets too overwhelming, just remember you can do it. The Lord will make sure of that. He will help you in every way possible. I know that. Write things down, start small, you can't change the world all at once.

Change is good.

I think I'm ready. NOW BRING ON THE CHANGE!

No comments: