Thursday, December 12, 2013

It's the {Little Things}

Finals week is NEXT week! I graduate NEXT FRIDAY! That's in 8 days, people! In 8 days my 8th semester of college will be over. I don't even know what to think about that. It's crazy... and more crazy... and weird... and scary. But also exciting!

Anyway, here are a few things that have brought joy to this painful part of the semester.

1. My roommates and I hung up stockings on our paper fireplace. Each time one of us goes to the store we buy a little something-something to put in them for each other. (Lots of chocolates, gold glitter eye liner, Mexican sodas, nail polish, more chocolate, etc). It's just fun.

2. The other day I was writing my own theory of personality. It had to be 1500 - 2000 words. It was extremely hard to keep it so short. When I finished my first rough draft I looked down at my word count: 2000 words on the money. IT WAS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE.

3. This morning when I checked the weather I saw the most beautiful thing. There was a SUN next to the 18* high. A SUN. We have a cloudless, snowless, BEAUTIFUL sky today, friends.

4. The highs for the rest of the semester are in the 20's and 30's!! No more highs in the single digits!! :) :)

5. Today the crosswalk in front of the Hart building only had a few pieces of ice left. And we could see them with our naked eye.  The sidewalks on campus are also slowly becoming more visible. (The roads all over Rexburg, not so much...) BUT THE ICE IS MELTING... slowly but surely.

6. Because of number 5, we get to enjoy the beauty of  the snow covered trees and grass (seriously snow is beautiful) because you don't have to stare at your feet the whole time you walk to avoid falling to your death.

7. I've lost my footing many-a-times but I haven't fallen yet! But I have seen some pretty epic tumbles.

8. Last weekend I walked to Nielson's in shorts. It was -1* outside.

9. Last Saturday we had a 72 hour stake indexing blitz starting at midnight Saturday morning. I went around lunchtime on Saturday and they gave me free food! Like a legit meal!

10. One of my professors decided to drop our lowest exam score! He's missed a few days this semester and will miss the whole last week of classes, so we've had to know at least one chapter for every exam completely on our own without any lecture on it at all. He felt bad because people really struggle with his classes anyway... we're not complaining!

11. Scabbers can do the maze in less than 7 seconds, operate the skinner box like no rats business, and is a master on the ropes. And he could do this ALL before Thanksgiving. Which is lucky because I now only have to go to the lab for 10 minutes to feed him most days. Hallelujah!

No comments: