Thursday, June 3, 2010

Havasupai Here I Come!!

Gah I'm so stoked! I'm going to Havasupai tomorrow! Well we're driving down there tomorrow night, sleeping in the car at the top, then hiking down early Saturday morning! It will be awesome! I haven't been since the summer of 2006.. and since then there was a HUMONGO flood that changed some of the falls. Navajo falls, which was my favorite one... is no longer there, but there are 2 smaller falls that took it's place.
I'm not so sure how I feel about that, but hey what can you do? What's done is done. Havasu falls is a little smaller, and I think rumor has it that the direction is slightly changed, but it's basically the same. I'm not sure about Moony and Beaver falls, but I think since they are farther away, not a lot of damage was done. Man, I just love this place! It's a ten mile hike that is WAY worth it, it's definitely one of the most BEAUTIFUL places I have ever been! Plus there is CLIFF JUMPING.. I still have a few beauty marks from last time, I'm not sure they will ever go away, so I guess it's time to make more! :) I'll be sure to give an update of the "new and improved" havasupai. In the meantime, here's a few pictures from last time. Ya, It's okay to be jealous, it's THAT cool!!

No comments: