Monday, April 26, 2010

The END is NIGH

Holy smokes! 2 weeks from Today is the start of finals week, yes FINALS! Where in the world did this semester go!?! I can't believe it's almost over! It's quite bitter sweet. I love school, but yes, i'm starting to get a little burned out, a break would be nice right about now.
But It's been an awesome semester! I love summer and i'm excited to go home and be with my family again.. but i'm going to miss all our adventures!
Summer means no more late night spontaneous drives to Globe to get a frosty from Wendy's, no more scavenger hunts - almost getting kicked out of Walmart, no more haircutting by moonlight. Goodbye mattress surfing, pranks, trips to the mountain, scootering to Burger King, tubing down the canal.. finding snakes, owls, squirrels, and beavers. Farewell Sunday Night game Nights, Disney Scene It competitions, chalk drawings, forts, waffle Saturday's, flying kites from the back of a truck, car chases, bonfires, haunted houses, kayking - and the many adventures that come with that. See ya later trips to the river,cramming in cars, awkward conversations, star gazing, craw dad fishing. No more girls nights where we sit and talk for hours and hours which leads to laughing for hours and hours. Goodbye to some of my favorite people who I don't know if i'll ever see again. Goodbye Thatcher.
But on the brighter side I can take a break from all the DRAMA, PMSing roommates and friends, and everyone thinking they can't get along with other people.
Oh so maybe I can welcome summer after all. It will be good, but I still don't really like thinking about it. haha. But now it's crack down time, 2 lab practicals, 2 quizzes, 5 tests, a few more homework assignements, 5 finals, and a whole heck of a lot of fun and stressful times and the semester will be over. Wow. I swear it just started.
But the end also means the beginning! Welcome family reunions, swimming, being with family, working, making money, Havasupai, baseball, free laundry, real food, Matthew, seeing Eric for the last time for 2 years. Maybe even the lakehouse, water skiing, and a cousins weekend!
So this semester has been good. Lots of good learning experiences, in many aspects, lots of good friends, lots of good fun, lots of good adventures, but HERE I COME SUMMER! Bittersweeet.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I dont think you should leave waffle Saturday in Thatcher, maybe we should implement that here in the Mesa town...only if you want to...

{this is us} said...

You failed to mention a significant group of people...aka your FRIENDS...like ME...that still reside in MESA. Wow, Hannah...Wow. We mean that much to you, huh? I don't even know what to say. Perhaps I shall reconsider taking my trip up there this week, seeing that I am not of that much importance to you. I think you just broke my heart a little bit.